InfoPath is an efficient tool for forms creation and data-gathering which was introduced by Microsoft in 2000. It is a desktop software application that allows the organizations to gather and share the information from various sources efﬁciently and quickly by using dynamic forms.
It makes the entire tasks of the document creation and management easier for the users. There are certain architectural characteristics included in it that make it superior among other Microsoft Office Programs.
What is Microsoft Infopath?
Microsoft InfoPath is an application that is supported by software for distributing, designing, editing, filling, and submitting various electronic forms. It has a number of features to facilitate the users in making their tasks easier and convenient.
It is thus considered as one of the powerful programs of the Microsoft Office family. It gives a strong control over various platforms like a radio button, text box, checkbox, etc. and helps in the separate representation of the hierarchical tree in various folders and fields that are used to store data.
The program has three distinct validation levels such as schema, XPath, and script-based validation rules. Schema helps in creating XML documents in well-structured ways to make them ready-to-use by all the users through XML based systems.
XPath allows the users to check the terms and conditions of the concerned field. Whereas script-based validation rules help in defining the business logic relative to any XML documents in case of any additional validations.
Some of the Architectural features of the program are as follows,
- InfoPath helps in building hybrid tools that combine the editing experience of the documents with the ability to capture the data. With it, the users can easily view, modify, or abstract the structures of the data through the traditional environment of word-processing.
- With the use of XML documents that belong to various user-defined schemas both for input and output, InfoPath produces XML schemas and XML transformations. These can again be integrated with the XML Web service standards that can be used to edit, add and delete the XML documents and can be saved or submitted easily over the server.
- Microsoft InfoPath helps in structural editing through the effective gathering of the data and its organization in structured ways. Through this, the program makes it easy and natural for the users to add and delete various valid XML attributes and elements.
- It offers the flexibility of viewing and presenting the XML documents in a coherent way to its users. By using XSLT, it enables the editing of the contents and organizes it in a different way than the XML data structure.
When and by whom Microsoft InfoPath is developed?
Microsoft InfoPath was launched by Microsoft corporation in 2000. It became available to the users in the year 2015 as the first freestanding download with its relaunching of InfoPath 2013.
Uses of Microsoft InfoPath
InfoPath is used for various important tasks such as creating and designing forms, web server hosted communication, etc. Here are some of the effective uses of the program.
To create forms: Microsoft InfoPath is popularly used to create forms. In every sector, there is a huge need to create various forms whether it is an educational, employment, or household sector. The program makes the task easier and quicker with its incredible features.
To access and display data: InfoPath comes with SharePoint that helps the users to access the data stored on the PC or any other Web server. Through this SharePoint, others can view the data from any source such as XML, web service, Forms or Database, etc. It thereby helps to maintain interactive behavior with the presence of necessary terms, conditions, and actions.
To collaborate: Microsoft InfoPath helps in forming collaborative behavior within and outside the business through its effective collaborative tool. This tool gathers data from many people and organizes it in a structured way so that people who are using SharePoint can access and display them conveniently.
To run the web-based forms: Today, we see several online forms. Although it makes people conveniently put their information, there are ample hassles involved in the entire process of creating, managing, and organizing the web-base forms. The task is made easier and convenient by Microsoft InfoPath. Through its role as a Web browser, the users can upload the forms to the server and anyone who doesn’t even have InfoPath can access it without any hassle. They can access it only with the help of a Web browser.
To integrate into the Microsoft SharePoint: This is one of the common uses of the program. Microsoft InfoPath is widely used in its integration with Microsoft SharePoint technology. The forms that are created through InfoPath can be submitted to various lists and libraries attached to the SharePoint and one can use or access them either through InfoPath Filler or any other third-party products.
To promote the publications: SharePoint has a ‘Form Library’ that helps a document that has its own InfoPath template. This template has the trendiest designs and features that help the publication to be promoted over the SharePoints and facilitate the users to read and display it conveniently. It shows the documents in columns in the view of a library. That is why InfoPath forms can be effectively used for workflows or any other promotional fields.
How to download Microsoft InfoPath?
- Visit the official website for Microsoft i.e., https://www.microsoft.com/en-in.
- Go to the Microsoft Infopath download page.
- Click the download button.
- Check the version you want to download (32bit or 64 bit)
- Tap to next.
- Once the download gets completed, open the file on your system.
- A “license agreement” will prompt on the screen.
- Read them carefully and accept the terms and conditions to continue.
- Now, you can choose the installation or customize it according to your needs.
- Wait a while till the path gets installed.
- Now run the installer in your system.
- Log In or create a new account.
- Enjoy using.